Exploring is Learning For Life’s career education program for young men and women who are 14 through 20 years old. Adults are selected by the participating organization for involvement in the program. Color, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, ethnic background, economic status, and citizenship are not criteria for participation.
Exploring’s purpose is to provide experiences to help young people mature and to prepare them to become responsible and caring adults. Explorers are ready to investigate the meaning of interdependence in their personal relationships and communities.
Exploring exists to teach important life and career skills to young people from all backgrounds through immersive career experiences and mentorship provided by the sponsoring organization. We equip young people with character, leadership and life skills that can be used both today and in their future careers.
Exploring provides exciting activities and one-on-one mentorship for youth looking to discover their future. If you’re looking to strengthen the community or wanting to uncover the possibilities of your future, Exploring is a great place to start.
Explorer Post officers and advisors develop well-balanced programs around Exploring’s five areas of emphasis:
- Character Education – Programs that help youth develop skills necessary to make ethical choices. Activities that provide opportunities for fulfilling one’s responsibility in society.
- Life Skills – Programs that develop physical and mental fitness. Activities that provide opportunities for youth to experience positive social interactions.
- Citizenship – Programs that encourage youth to develop the skills and desire to help others. Activities that provide opportunities for youth to gain a keen respect for the basic rights of others.
- Career Opportunities – Activities that boost a youth’s self-confidence and help him or her experience success at school and work. Programs that develop potential contacts that may broaden employment options.
- Leadership Experiences – Programs that help youth develop leadership skills to fulfill their responsibilities in society. Activities that provide exposure to different leadership traits.